Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin
Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
Type of Job
Scientific Officer (Referent)
Job offer from October 19, 2017
The Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens (to be established; head: Prof. Emmanuelle Charpentier) is seeking a Scientific Officer (Referent) for the coordination of operations and legal matters for a full-time employment (39 hours/week) of initially 2 years.
- establishment of the internal regulations and legal frameworks for the Max Planck Unit
- support in the structuring and establishment of the Max Planck Unit and its administration
- acting as a liaison officer between the director of the Unit and the Max Planck Generalverwaltung and public authorities (regular travel obligations may apply)
- preparation and coordination of meetings with authorities
- advise the director of the Unit and the head of administration in legal and administrative questions
- support of the administration in all challenges of a modern research institute
- a university degree, preferably in administrative or legal sciences
- an additional degree, experience or training in management is considered an advantage
- experience with administrative work is considered an advantage
- expertise of working in a German research institution (Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Helmholtz etc) is considered an advantage
- strong organizational and communication skills
- excellent competence in software applications
- an indispensable requirement for the candidate is to speak and write in excellent English and German
- friendly disposition, confident and responsible work ethics
- working independently and as part of an international team
- openness and interest in learning new tasks, ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines
- excellent organisational skills, ability for structured work and taking personal initiatives
- self-motivated and enthusiastic to work in a competitive, dynamic, stimulating and interacting international scientific environment focusing on basic biological research
According to the training, qualifications and professional experience, the remuneration can be up to pay level E13 of the collective wage agreement for the public service (TVöD Bund). The benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service. The position is available at the earliest possible date.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Applications will be accepted exclusively via our online application portal. If you are interested, please follow the link and upload your full application in English by 30th November, 2017 on our application website.
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology
Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens (to be established)