Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin
Immunobiology and Infection Biology & Medicine
Type of Job
Press and Public
Job offer from October 19, 2017
The Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens (to be established, head: Prof. Emmanuelle Charpentier) is seeking a Scientific Writer (Microbial Sciences) for a full-time employment (39 hours/week) for initially 2 years.
- writing and editing scientific articles and reviews (originals) on the research area of the Unit with focus on the sciences of pathogenic microbes including CRISPR-Cas research topic
- reviewing and editing scientific reports and thesis manuscripts of the Unit’s scientific members
- organization and management of literature seminars
- establishment and maintenance of bibliographical databases
- support the director in editorial functions and management of editorial processes of manuscripts
- support the director in the preparation of illustrations and presentations for scientists and the public
- support in other writing (correspondence, official letters, flyers…)
- PhD in Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology and/or Molecular Biology
- proven record of successful publications in highly respected international scientific journals
- expertise and experience in writing articles and reviews in basic science will be considered as an advantage
- expertise and experience in editing in basic science will be considered as an advantage
- an international doctoral and post-doctoral experience abroad is considered as an advantage
- an excellent knowledge in the field of microbiology is a pre-requisite
- profound interest in reading and analysing the scientific literature on the research topics of the Unit as well as on general scientific topics
- an indispensable requirement for the candidate is to speak and write in excellent English
- excellent competence in software applications (office, reference and bibliography manager)
- strong organizational and communication skills (interactions with junior and senior scientists)
- friendly disposition, confident and responsible work ethics
- working independently and as part of an international team
- openness and interest in learning new tasks, ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines
- excellent organisational skills, ability for structured work and taking personal initiatives
- self-motivated and enthusiastic to work in a competitive, dynamic, stimulating and interacting international scientific environment focusing on basic biological research
According to the training, qualifications and professional experience, the remuneration can be up to pay level E14 of the collective wage agreement for the public service (TVöD Bund). The position is available at the earliest possible date.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Applications will be accepted exclusively via our online application portal. If you are interested, please follow the link and upload your full application in English by 30th November, 2017 on our online application portal.
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology
The Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens (to be established)