Job Code: 000-2023
Job offer from February 17, 2023
Research assistant on Vaccines Epidemiology
Domenech’s research group in Infectious Diseases Epidemiology at the Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology (MPIIB) in Berlin-Mitte is seeking a highly motivated Master's student to work on a project to examine the impact of vaccine schedules on the effectiveness of childhood vaccines. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to an important and relevant topic in public health, with the potential to make a real-world impact.
This project aims at examining the impact of vaccine schedules on the immunogenicity of childhood vaccines. It will look at factors such as age at first vaccination, number of doses, the time between doses, etc. The findings could lead to the developing of more optimized vaccine schedules for improved vaccine effectiveness.
- Retrieving information from clinical trials in an organized and systematic way.
- Summarizing information on the methods and results from clinical trials.
- Analyze data from clinical trials to determine the impact of age at first vaccination, number of doses, and time between doses of vaccine immunogenicity.
- Collaborate with other team members to interpret and communicate results, both in written and oral presentations.
- Enrollment in a Master's program in a relevant field (e.g., public health, epidemiology, immunology, biostatistics)
- Strong theoretical knowledge of epidemiology (clinical trials)
- Strong background in data analysis and statistics
- Basic knowledge of R is preferable but not necessary (as long as there is a motivation for learning)
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Feeling comfortable working in a team and independently
- This is a part-time position (up to 20 hours per week - flexible) for a period of 4-6 months, with the possibility of extending for the duration of the Master's program. The successful candidate will be remunerated and have the opportunity to work with a dedicated and supportive team of researchers
- Bachelor degree
- Enrolled at a German university
- Remunerated position (up to 20 hours a week - flexible)
- Diligent incorporation and supervision by a direct contact person (Ph.D. student)
- International, interdisciplinary, and motivated team
- Possible participation in a variety of seminars
Please send your application (including a CV, certificates, and motivation letter) in one single document to
Laura Andrea Barrero Guevara firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthieu Domenech de Cellés email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.