How to apply
This year, we only have two open projects and are looking for candidates with a more specific skill set, please check the project description and research group prior to application.
All applications will have to be submitted through our application platform that will open on October 25th and close November 30th, 2023 midnight CET. Applications through email or post will not be considered.
Application to the IMPRS-IDI is a straightforward six-step process via our porta:
- Check your eligibility (more details here)
- Register an account at our online application portal between 25 October and 30 November
- Confirm your account, login and fill out the application
- Name two referees to be contacted for a recommendation letter
- Upload all required documents (see below)
- Submit your application by 30 November (referees have until 4 December to submit their references via the application system)
Prior to your application, please prepare:
- a formal CV
- your certificates & transcripts
- Language certificates (in case English is not your native language)
- the contacts (including email & phone) of two referees
- your research interests and motivation
- further supporting documents
You can ONLY apply by using the online application platform. Before being able to apply, you first need to register and verify your user account. Once this is done, you can start your application.
IMPORTANT: You do not have to submit your application in one go but can come back to it. However, please make sure you always save the entered data before changing to the next page or before logging-out. All saved information will be available to continue the application process at a later time. Be sure to submit your application before midnight CET on 30/11/2023. Registered but not submitted applications will not be considered.
- The online application form must be completed in ENGLISH.
- Please make sure that all your personal details including your email address and postal mail address are up to date and valid throughout the whole application process.
- In the "References" section you will have to provide us with the contact details of two referees that support your application. This is an important part of your application! Our system will automatically inform your referees to submit a reference as soon as their data have been saved – even before submission! We strongly advise you to pick your referees carefully and inform them about their role BEFORE you apply. Please consider that your referees will only have time to submit their references until December 4th, 2023. Please make sure there are no typos in the referee contact details! Otherwise, our system will be unable to contact them. IMPORTANT: Applications without 2 submitted references will not be considered.
- You will need to choose the research group preferences according to the project descriptions. We have two open projects this year. In addition to the group leader(s) of the project(s) you are interested in, you will also have to choose IMPRS-IDI faculty members who will review your application (3 in total, including the group leader(s) you are interested in). Please indicate the research group with the project(s) you would like to apply to as 1st choice (and 2nd choice, if applicable) and indicate other group leaders (not the Testprojectleader) as your remaining choices for evaluation.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you review and submit the complete application before the deadline on November 30th, 2023. Once the application has been submitted, no further changes or additional uploads of documents are possible. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was successfully submitted.
Please keep in mind: The application period is a busy time for the coordinators. We will try to answer to you as quickly as possible, but it may take a little time. Individual requests on the status of your application will not be answered. We will regularly inform on the progress of the application process.